Monday, September 8, 2008

Songs of Ascents

For the next couple months I'll be using the Songs of Ascents to guide my Exhortations. These psalms (120-134) were sung by Israel as they made their ascent to Jerusalem for the three great feasts of their calendar. I trust they be helpful to us as we make our ascent to the heavenly Jerusalem each week in our service of covenant renewal!
After deciding to do this I picked up Eugene Peterson's, A Long Obedience in the Same Direction, and realized that Peterson employs the Songs of Ascents as a guide for Christian discipleship. I think you would find Peterson's book a blessing and I'll no doubt be making use of his insights in my exhortations. The peace of the Lord be with you!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home